Museum Receives Two Historically Significant Sailplanes for Display

The Greater St. Louis Air & Space Museum received two historically significant sailplanes for future display in the museum’s hisoric 1929 Curtiss-Wright Hangar 2 at St. Louis Downtown Airport in Cahokia, IL.  Generously donated by Carol Bell, the aircraft have found a home at the museum where they will be displayed and documented as well as restored as necessary.  The aircraft are a 1943 Laister-Kauffman LK-10A and a 1982 Hickman-Bell Briegleb BG-6, which were towed in on their custom trailers today and will be available for viewing in the hangar during the upcoming open house and fly-in June 16.

Leave a Reply